Nowadays, everyone seems to be understandably wary about what to spend their hard earned money on. People are constantly searching for affordable solutions for the products and services that they need. This includes dental care. Some may ask, is it possible to get a quality smile makeover inexpensively? As a matter of fact, yes, it is. Leading dentist in Fayetteville, NC, Dr. Patrice Barber, talks about affordable cosmetic dentistry solutions, so that you can finally get the look that you want to achieve without draining your pocket.
Affordable Cosmetic Dentistry Treatment Options
Cosmetic dentistry may be regarded as an expensive form of dentistry, but there are treatments that everyone can afford. Here are just a few:
- Dental Bonding – Dental or composite resin bonding is considered by many to be the least expensive form of cosmetic dentistry. This treatment involves the application of liquid composite resin over the tooth, which is then molded and sculpted by the dentist. The resin material comes in different tooth-colored shades. The dentist will choose a shade that best enhances your smile. Dental bonding can address a variety of tooth imperfections from chips and cracks to gaps, misalignment and discoloration. Dental bonding is often used for tooth reshaping, so a beautiful smile can be achieved.
- Teeth Whitening – There are many available options to whiten the teeth, but dentist supervised teeth whitening is still the best. The dentist offers two ways to whiten natural teeth: in-office and at-home teeth whitening. Of these two options, at-home teeth whitening is considered to be the less expensive treatment. At-home teeth whitening involves the repeated use of customized bleaching trays until such time when you have reached the desired results. At-home teeth whitening can provide you with white teeth in as little as two weeks.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings – Tooth colored fillings use the same material as dental bonding. Composite resin is used to fill the tooth and seal it from bacteria after root canal therapy has been preformed. Tooth colored fillings don’t just give you aesthetics but they’re also a much safer alternative than silver amalgam fillings. The tooth-colored filling can be made to match your natural tooth color, so as to bring about a most natural-looking tooth.
Other Suggestions to Achieve Great Looking Teeth Inexpensively
- Maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing your teeth properly and regularly.
- Take advantage of deep cleaning treatments at your dentist every six months. Oftentimes, deep cleaning alone can address tooth discoloration.
- Wear a mouthguard if you habitually clench or grind your teeth.
- Refrain from using your teeth as a manipulative tool.
- Avoid eating and drinking stain-causing foods and beverages.
- Stop vices like smoking and chewing tobacco.
By following the above mentioned tips, you can avoid dental problems and tooth flaws from occurring; thus, maintaining beautiful, healthy teeth.
For more about affordable cosmetic dentistry solutions, visit us, at Alliance Family Dental. We offer the in-office dental savings program to patients who need financial assistance. We have savings programs for both adults and children. These programs provide patients the opportunity to take dental treatments at reduced prices. Call us today at (910) 868-4664(910) 868-4664 to schedule your appointment. You may also visit the appointment page on this website for online appointment scheduling.
Photo Credit: Identity Station